With new legislation about data protection coming into play in May 2018, individuals have more control over personal data – and the types of organisations which can hold this. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) include new rules for processing personal data.
Emerald Law is offering no-win no-free on your data breach legal issues today – with a FREE no-obligation quote from the outset. If you are looking for support, then simply fill out the data capture form below and one of our expert solicitors will be in contact.
What is a personal data breach claim?
A data breach involves the intentional or unintentional release of secure or confidential information to an unauthorised organisation. It is treated as a security incident where sensitive and confidential data is copied, stolen, viewed, or transmitted by an unauthorised individual or organisation. There are numerous types of data breaches including:
- Someone steals your identity to obtain a credit card fraudulently
- You inadvertently lose important data
- A third party gets your data without your permission
- Someone misuses your personal information
- Company data leaks due to whatever reason or circumstance
- An organisation uses your confidential information for journalism without permission
So, am I eligible to claim?
You have the right to claim compensation for a data protection breach when/if you are a victim of a privacy violation due to an organisation or individual stealing your data. There is a limitation period of 8 years – so you need to ensure that you file any legal complaints before that time is up.
How can Emerald Law help?
As leading solicitors in Liverpool, Emerald Law tailor all solutions to your legal problems with a specialised team of solicitors. We offer all clients:
- A dedicated team of expert solicitors for your case
- No-win no-fee basis for all clients
- We deal with all the lengthy paperwork to save you time
- We offer a FREE no-obligation quote